Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PaSSion PeNdULum

I have been reading a lot of blogs o'er these days.....may be they inspire me .....my creativity....may be I get some sense of creative satisfaction after having feasted my thoughts on the thoughts that others have felt and lived, already..!!
Whatever be the reason I have'nt failed to actually read through .....few of the blogs on a regular basis ...and I have realised something new about myself.....I always knew I love to write....but I love to read as well...!!!!!yo yo yo yo .....
Now I have some hope .....that I'l complete my "Fountain head"....that I have started ....restarted....restarted....but never managed to read thru in sequence till the last page.I am just too impulsive about so many things....if I feel like having them...I will dig heaven and Hell to lay my hands on them.....and then....they meet the similar fate........I start them...restart them.....keep them in a fine cupboard...as far as possible a see through kinda shelf...where they can keep haunting me from....and calls me to return to them...!!!
I remember the Fountain Head bug had bitten me 3 years back ...when I was in my 3rd year.....a small discussion about the philosophical edge to it.....o'er a cuppa tea....with my hostel junior...Aditi....whose an avid avid reader...thinker...writer...actually at that point in time I belonged to the same herd too.....thinking...writing...speaking ...well....and then ......then....nothing could stop me....took an auto from kashmere gate ..(where my hostel was)....till Kamla Nagar....outside....Incense Store...sits a photocopied book vala......bought it for 100 bucks.(now alll u book lovers....would hate me for that..) took the same Auto ..my way back to the hostel...almost locked myself in my room..n started off....missed the evening attendance call...got my share of .....******(.....beeeeeeeeeeeeep) from my very dear Warden Maam.(jokes apart..I really really adore her...and she knows that...and in ways subtle and silent I have always felt reciprocated too)

I have a good news for u...no I dont encourage ....the plagiarists...not at all....but first I get a "sasti" copy....and read through...rather skim through....if it holds my fascination ...I quickly buy the original one..Now this doesn't offend my sense of morals...if theres beauty in the words...then I go for the original......Absolved ..absolved absolved...

Recently a painting bug visited my place...and this has lived in some secret corner ever since it came ....because this time when on a Friday after my office I hit the Sector -18 Noida Market....I did that after making calls on all possible Noida residents that I had in my contact list ...and my last land lady finally had answers to my questions ...."wherez the most updated...most rich ...stationery shop in Noida?"....well..I hit the store and then ....got myself the most expensive sketchbook in the size that I wanted....took all care that there would be margin to get my work framed....confidence ..confidence.. confidence.. the air ,the food, the water...almost everything provides me that....the stalk somehow never depletes.

And then I got myself brushes of all the necessary basic sizes....some colours they call as magic colours... aqua pencil colours...and all in a brown paper bag....carried it like my baby....entered the CCD in CSM...and treated the artist in me o'er a n Irish coffee ...sat there for almost an hour....looking at the passer by's ...drawing inspiration to paint , felt so much like an artist who is above the daily humdrum...in his own world, absorbed and engrossed in a journey within,a higher pursuit, a traveller enjoying his journey in the unknown , gave a long smile to every one who had to notice me noticing them.And then I walked through the mall ....feeling like a new born baby , with so many things to wonder about.

Spent a week in searching for nude paintings /sketches that could inspire me ......and now the brown paper bag rests on the side table. I keep peeping into it, assuring myself that my trasured possession is intact. Well, this one didn't turn out ...all that bad!! I managed to paint "Kama Devi" and have put that on my door....wasnt all that bad....but wasnt all that great either to be in frames! Now.....I am on the restarting .....and restarting spree again.

The latest pass-ion being ......collecting Feng Shui collectibles......Got myself an "Evil Eye" for my House.Its beautiful....an expression of my love for the shades of blue....its a wall hanging ...for the entrance infact. The shopkeeper infact the Owner of the studio...explained to me the power of belief, hmmm... nice guy with good marketing skills. I never buy these things without testing the knowledge of the person who sells them, not to forget my own faith is a must before everything else.Also got a Feng Shui wind chime....golden is the color of the season and so , I have it in golden color though the silver one was the love at first sight....but thanks to the shopowner again this tim e, I got the golden one for myself.!!!! A basket laughing Buddha, being another bought, sits pretty on my small black rack , where all my little gifts from friends and well wishers lay displayed.

I have travelled the journey from not minding spending any amount, to loving to spend on these little little pretty artifacts. It satisfies my creative urge again. I have also bought lots of candle stands , votives , with the hope that I would have learnt candle making before Deepawali. I really really want to gift all my dearest ones with my own handmade candles this Deepawali.

I hope, I'll soon update this blog with the pictures of all the above mentioned pass-ions....my painting, candles, Wind chimes ...and I am sure the list would have covered miles by then.another thing on my mind is Charcoal Sketching , I have tried my hand at it, with that confidence -confidence -confidence in my childhood training in pencil sketching. But eachtime I managed to have more charcoal powder everywhere else , but for the intending spots in the sketch..........ARRRRRRRRRRRghhH...........


As of now this passion has continued and stayed with me since the last four months or so....and I am enjoying this companionship.Till this stays with me I am feeeling rich......

"Show me the way to the land of undying Sun and Moon......and give me the silver to paint the stars"




No comments: